Outside Commercial Projects Sales Representative
The Outside Commercial Projects Sales Representative position is responsible for marketing, promoting and profitably selling products and services to existing and potential customers.
- Makes personal sales calls at customer sites on a regular basis.
- Seeks out prospective customers/business opportunities with new and existing customers.
- Establishes and maintains customer relationships in order to grow profitable sales.
- Stay current on existing and emerging product and technologies.
- Introduces and demonstrates new products to assigned accounts.
- Follows-up on all generated quotations to assure that the customer is being serviced and to document the outcome of the proposed solution.
- Generate profitable sales orders.
- Reports competitive conditions and feedback from customers to management.
- Maintains ethical, cooperative manufacturer relationships consistent with company image and company/branch goals in the marketplace.
- Cooperates with qualified suppliers to secure mutual business through joint calls.
- Attends product training classes to develop superior product knowledge to handle customer applications.
- Develops an effective and productive working relationship with Inside Sales Associates, Counter Sales Associates and support personnel; encourages and assists in their training and development when possible.
- Executes sales efforts in an ethical and professional manner, assuring a favorable impression of self and the company.
- Maintains a professional/working image in self and work environment including vehicle.
- Completes sales call and expense reports on a timely basis in accordance with company policy.
- Fulfills customer needs for current literature, catalogs, product pricing, etc.
- Assists customers with problem solving, takeoffs, project layout/design and in pricing bills of material and project management.
- Develop and maintain a sales forecast to help analyze market conditions and/or changes in assigned territory for maximum productivity and sales growth.
- Implement a sales plan to support sales and profitability goals.
- Coordinates customer returns and completes proper documentation on a timely basis.
- Informs customers of all relevant company policies/procedures and initiatives.
- Reporting customer comments to management.
- Routinely communicates schedule to local branch contact.
- Performs other duties as instructed or required to successfully complete the job.
- Commitment to and demonstration of high ethical standards governing professional behavior and interactions.
- Proven proficiency in the use of a personal computer accompanied by a strong aptitude for technical applications.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Developed knowledge of the industry within a given market.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and verbal formats, including sales presentations, demonstrated capability to develop strong interpersonal working relationships and work in a team environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- A valid drivers license and proven safe driving record.
- Read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, etc.
- Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook, etc.
The Outside Sales Representative position does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job typically operates in a professional office environment, however much of the job is done travelling. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm. The employee must work 40 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires quite a bit of travel around the Houston area.
- 3 years of relevant sales experience
- 3 years of industry experience
- High school diploma required
- Bachelors degree in Industrial Distribution preferred
- Equivalent combined education and on the job experience
Pay & Benefits