At Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. we take pride in being an industry leader in metal processing and distribution. Since 1842, it has been our mission to provide our customers and communities with the absolute best in carbon steel, aluminum, stainless steel and more!
Metal is the most essential and sustainable material on the planet and a part of our everyday life. As a member of the Ryerson family, you will have an opportunity to provide metal to customers across industries that make things such as high-octane sports cars and trucks, electric vehicles, sports stadiums, arenas, luxury hotels, first responder equipment, military, aerospace technology, props used on movie sets and even the smart phone you may be using to apply to this role!
See what we do and more at https://www.ryerson.com/services/what-we-do.
What’s in it for you at Ryerson?
▪ Three weeks of vacation, paid sick days, and holiday pay
▪ 401(k) with employer match
▪ Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance available Day 1 of your start date
▪ Paid Maternity and Parental leave
▪ Health and wellness programs
▪ Tuition Reimbursement
▪ “Ryerson Gives Back” to our local communities
▪ Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
▪ and more!
We are looking for an Outside Sales Representative who is competitive, self-disciplined and lives for the thrill of building rapport with customers and fellow teammates. The winning candidate will be responsible for managing and building customer accounts in the DFW Metroplex.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
▪ Quickly builds strong relationships with contacts at all levels across a variety of functions within customer organizations but especially with purchasing decision makers. Develops customer trust and confidence in Ryerson and its representatives.
▪ Keeps customers informed about industry and economic trends and Ryerson’s ability to assist customers in adapting to change.
▪ Works with service center and regional sales/product management to develop quotes and contract proposals that are responsive to customer needs and result in profitable sales for Ryerson.
▪ Understands and keeps up-to-date on the competitive environment and provides market intelligence to sales management to help shape service center sales strategies, price levels and working capital decisions.
▪ Increases revenue from assigned customers by increasing product lines or items sold and converting general line sales to fabrication sales.
▪ Involves service center management, regional management, Global Accounts, or other corporate management, and Ryerson supplier representatives in establishing and maintaining relationships at all levels of customer organization.
▪ Metals or similar manufacturing/industrial sales experience
▪ Must maintain residence in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex
▪ Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook).
▪ Prior experience working directly with inside sales team members is a plus
▪ Knows how to build rapport with the customers and members of the Dallas Customer Experience Team.
▪ Possess creative and complex thinking skills in order to best resolve customer's wants and needs.
▪ Has demonstrated high-degree of ethics
▪ Ability to function well with customer demands in a fast-paced, stressful environment
▪ Must be able to travel
**SAP and/or Salesforce experience a plus**
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.
Bachelor's Degree required
Pay & Benefits