Inside Sales Representative
Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM / 40 hours a week
The Inside Sales Representative position is responsible for developing and maintaining new and existing customer relationships to sell products and services for Wholesale Electric.
- Answering customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms
- Recommending products to customers based on their needs and interests
- Contacting regular and prospective customers to demonstrate products, explain product features, and solicit orders
- Estimating or quoting prices with delivery dates
- Consulting with clients after sales or contract signings to resolve problems and providing ongoing support
- Preparing estimates and bids that meet specific customer needs
- Forwarding orders to manufacturers
- Performing additional assignments at the direction of the supervisor
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively
- High degree of professionalism
- Strong math skills
- Customer-service driven
The Inside Sales Representative position does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm. The employee must work 40 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- 3-5 years of inside sales experience in the Electrical Distribution Industry preferred
- Industrial Contractor Sales experience preferred
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- College degree(s) preferred
Pay & Benefits