Much of time spent outside location generating and securing new sales of products. Outside Sales Representative ensures efficient and effective sales operations and relations with new and existing custom accounts. Sells products to business and industrial establishments or individuals at sales office, or customer's place of business by performing the following duties.
- Special skills required: Working knowledge of Industrial and Commercial Electrical industry and products, ability to negotiate prices and contractual agreements.
- Special knowledge required: Working knowledge of accounting principles and local building codes and compliance requirements.
- Other: Computer literate
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Minimum education required: Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or related field.
Pay & Benefits