VETERANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Lonestar Electric Industrial Supply is a dynamic and rapidly growing organization in the field of electrical distribution. We are currently seeking an experienced and motivated Purchasing and Inventory Control Associate. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an exciting new venture, where your skills and expertise will contribute to the success and growth of the company. The ideal candidate will be able to take quick, on-the-job instruction to complete tasks at hand. The Purchasing and Inventory Control Manager will handle purchasing and manage the inventory of materials for the company.
- Purchases supplies, materials, and parts for the company.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, prices, buyers, and delivery conditions to anticipate future material availability; directs purchasing programs accordingly.
- Develops and maintains inventory databases for supplies and materials used.
- Negotiates and completes contracts with vendors for optimal cost and delivery times.
- Reviews purchase orders and contracts for compliance with company and departmental policies.
- Collaborates with sales, customer service, and logistics departments to maximize efficiency in the purchasing and inventory control department.
- Communicates with suppliers to resolve problems that may arise regarding delivery, quality, price, or conditions of sale.
- Purchases large and complex items.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures related to purchasing and inventory control with a goal to maximize efficiency and optimize workflow.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to exercise tact, courtesy, and ethics when dealing with vendors, co-workers, and customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software, as well as inventory software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field with coursework in purchasing and/or inventory control management, preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- May be asked to travel to visit vendors or different company locations.
Pay & Benefits